Skilled Regional (Provisional) – Subclass 489
Skilled Regional (Provisional) – Subclass 489 visa is a regional sponsored provisional visa. You must be sponsored by either a family member living in regional Australia or by an Australian region itself. This visa is a point’s tested visa you need to meet certain eligibility requirements to apply for this visa.
Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa requirements
- You need to be under 45 years of age
- Your occupation must be on combined list of eligible occupations
- Positive skill assessment from relevant skill assessment authority
- You need to meet the English language proficiency requirements
- Score at least 65 points in the points system
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to Department of Home Affairs
- Must be nominated by an Australian region or a family member staying in regional Australia.
- Meet the health requirements
- Meet the character requirement
As this is a provisional visa, this visa lets you live and work in regional Australia for a period of 4 years.
Benefits of Subclass 489
This visa lets you stay and work in Australia for a period of four years, however after completing two years of stay in Australia you can apply for a Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887) which is a permanent residency visa.
- This visa lets you live in Australia for the period of four years.
- You can work and study in the regional area of Australia.
- You can travel in and out of Australia till the validity of your visa.
- You can be accompanied by your spouse and kids on this visa.
- 489 visa is a pathway for Skilled Regional (permanent) visa (Subclass 887).
How to apply for a Subclass 489 visa
In order to initiate your application for subclass 489 visa, fill up the free assessment form, so that our Australia Immigration Specialist may contact you with all the relevant information and further visa procedure guidelines for you. For Australia visas our immigration specialists not only guide you for the document preparation giving weightage to every minute details related to your case but also prepare you for the visa interview process to achieve the successful outcome.